Tuesday 9 September 2014

Entering Autumn


So despite the incredible blue skies today clinging on as apposed to our usual grey and glum weather, Autumn is undoubtedly on our doorstep. This season, is one of my favourites. Many of you may be thinking how could you say that!? after the beautiful summer us Brits have just had (and believe me I am whole fully grateful) but there is something about Autumn that just gets me every time. 

The weather in Autumn, I think, is like marmite. Some hate it and and some love it. I personally love it, because you can enjoy those sunny mornings where the sky is blue and clear but you also get those days where you are forced to snuggle up inside all day (in fear of that transitional-to-cold-weather freezing numb face, but really it's an excuse to fill up on tea and cakes and lounge on the sofa) 

Some of my favourite things about Autumn include:
  • The weather, as stated above
  • The clothes. Topshop in particular becomes a beacon of guilt at this time of the year for me, because everything is just way to perfect. And so because of the change in temperature, without those new extra layers *trying to justify purchases*, well you may freeze . And no mum, you wouldn't want that...
  • Candles. Those heavenly warm scents are back and there is no problem in filling your house with those smells even if someone else doesn't like them.
  • Food. Hearty portions of typical pub food are back on the menu after the 'summer salad' phase. Oh how I've missed you...
  • And obviously, with the arrival of Autumn, means not far behind it, is Winter. I don't think I need to tell you what that means... *Que Michael Buble serenading the hearts of every British woman*
So those are some of the reasons I am ready for Autumn this year, and I would love to hear your thoughts on the season and what your looking forward to also!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...