Wednesday 15 October 2014

A change of scenery

Well, over the last few weeks everything about my daily routine has changed. On the 19th September, my parents and I packed up the car with all of my things, and plugged Nottingham into the sat-nav. Slightly teary after saying goodbye to my sister, we headed off, bound for the place I was going to be calling my home for the next three years studying a subject I love: Photography.  I had finally started university.

The thought that I am sat here writing this in a completely different area, house and bedroom shows just how much things can change so quickly, and how even though I thought I could never do it, finally leaving that home - wrapped comfort zone is some what refreshing.

This last few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster (excuse the cliche); there have been some really great times (the notorious freshers week really lived up to expectations, as it was GREAT) but also some very difficult times getting to grips with living with complete strangers and learning to adapt to this new environment. I am a fully fledged 'I love my home and family and typical comfort zone of life' type of girl, so that first night and for a couple of weeks after arriving the transition was HARD. However don't take that as me saying I want to leave university, as living independantly is pretty refreshing once you get into it, and let me just say that I have taken a liking to cooking which my mum thought would never ever happen.  So maybe you will get some food snaps on the odd occasion, who knows!

If any of you reading this have just begun university, keep up the good work and I hope you are enjoying yourself! I hope to continue this blog as it is a reminder of home to me but also as I develop through my university adventure.

Rea x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...