Sunday 24 February 2013

Multiple Review

Recently I popped into Boots to have a little look around for some new things to try as my skin routine has been lacking and the things I use don't really seem to be doing anything extra for my skin, and as I have rather oily, and uneven skin with blackheads that refuse to budge, trying new things out is the way forward. So in I went and found that they had a 3 for 2 offer on (woo hoo!) and so I thought I would have a look around for some new things to try. There is one item I haven't featured in here because I haven't used it yet and so would not fit in with the review, which is Boots 'Simply Sensitive Deep Cleansing Face Mask', and I am looking forward to trying this very soon paired with a cup of tea and a magazine ( I will keep you posted on the mask!) So anyway these are the bits I picked up, one is not very relevant to benefiting my face but i thought I would share anyway...

 Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Lip Balm, in Dark Chocolate & Mint
*Long lasting moisture, fresh breath and soothing*
There are two things that attracted me to this, one being the combination of chocolate and mint, it smells amazing! And secondly, it has SPF 15, which people may not realise is great not just for the summer but also the winter for protecting your lips. I suffer from cold sores badly, and anyone out there who also does will know how horrible they are. Having sun protection in your lip-salve helps to prevent cold sores as dramatic temperature changes tend to set cold sores off, so protection throughout the day will lessen your chances of getting one. Finally it's super moisturizing and stays that way for a good amount of time. Deffinately think I will be buying this again.
Price - £1.99
 Freederm Overnight Clearing Serum
*Helps to reduce spot size and restore healthy skin texture while visibly reducing redness*
I have been using this only for a little while now but I can tell that so far so good, it hasn't reacted badly with my skin and it has been leaving my face and neck (it tells you to put it on both) feeling so soft and moisturised even when I wake up in the morning and have had my face rubbing against my pillows all night. I'm also looking forward to continuing using this product as I have a very uneven skin tone, my cheeks and nose tend to stay very red and blotchy which creeps its way out from behind my makeup throughout the day, so fingers crossed this product could help to reduce some of that redness. Smells nice and was a decent price at £6.49 so a good buy to try.
St Tropez Everyday Body Moisturiser - Light/Medium
*This nourishing body moisturiser combines skin care benefits with a touch of sunless bronze. Infused with soothing aloe vera, this lotion will help give smoother skin while building a gradual golden tan*
I am a bit of a tan fan, and no before anyway says, I do no use sun beds or anything like that as I think the risk is unnecessary when you could use fake tan instead. Anywho this product was a bit of a last minute thing, but as it fitted in with the 3 for 2 offer I thought I would give it a go. I use the St Tropez Self Tan Bronzing mouse when I am going out and want to make it a bit stronger, and have found that the colour it leaves is so nice and natural, so this has been nice to use and again has been giving a lovely colour. The only thing I would say for those who do not like that typical fake tan smell, that even though this is a moisturiser with a tint of tan, the fake tan smell is still there a bit so if that puts you off then maybe consider another. Apart from that I really like it and would recommend it! Pretty pricey at £14.39 though.

Well I hope you enjoyed my reviews of some of the new things I picked up and may help you in looking for some new products yourself. Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...